1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have no contol panel

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jimjaj97, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimjaj97

jimjaj97 Thread Starter

This is my wifes laptop and she is the only user. When I went to remove some old software for her there is now no control panel, and then i right click my computer and click properties, it say there are restrictions and see administrator. This never happened before. I also get error messages about printer.exe Are these connected in anyway? Can anyone help me out here???

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

3. devil_himself

devil_himself

what happens when you Try To Run Control Panel

Start > Run > Control.exe

4. jimjaj97

jimjaj97 Thread Starter

when i run control.exe, i get the same message... Operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact system administrator.

5. devil_himself

devil_himself

Start > Run > Gpedit.msc > Under "User configuration" > Administrative Templates > Cntrol Panel > on the Right Pane Double Click on "Prohibit Access To Control Panel' > Select 'Disable' and Click on Apply > Then Select "Not Configured" And Select Apply > Ok

Restart Your Computer

6. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

If you don't have Windows XP Pro maybe this will help:

www.sergiwa.com

Download and run RRT (Remove Restrictions Tool)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice