1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have no idea what just happened....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cooljc, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cooljc

cooljc Thread Starter

I haven't a clue what just happened to my computer....it all started when firefox WOULD NOT open...i tried repeatedly opening it..i restarted the computer..and it STILL would not start....the next thing i know...ALL of my icons on my desktop are gone and everything takes forever to open now....what on earth happened?

Attached Files:

2. cooljc

cooljc Thread Starter

ok...never mind...wow....just got it as soon as i posted

3. cooljc

cooljc Thread Starter

anyone have any ideas why firefox is a dud?....i keep clicking, and it continues to do nothing....i would delete and re-install, but i don't want to lose my bookmarks

4. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Can't you burn your bookmarks to disk?

5. cooljc

cooljc Thread Starter

is there a way to get to them that doesn't involve opening FF?

6. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Sorry. Not that i know of.

7. mike5532g

mike5532g

8. Digidave

Digidave

C:drive>Documents & Settings>Owner>Application Data>Mozilla>Firefox>Profiles>. Inside your Profile folder you'll find "Bookmarks". Just copy that to another location on your harddrive. Than you can do a reinstall on Firefox & copy your bookmarks back into your Profile folder. If you think that your profile isn't corrupted, You can copy the whole Profile folder & than you'll have the exact Firefox you had before the reinstall. If you think your Profile is corrupted, after uninstalling Firefox you'll have to go in & delete all folders pertaining to firefox. I'm no expert here, but I believe this will work for ya:D What do ya got to lose:eek:

9. cooljc

cooljc Thread Starter

:( ....i tried un-installing and re-installing it (making sure to delete the folder that stays behind in Program Files), and it still won't do anything...

10. Digidave

Digidave

Look closely at the path I gave you. It's different than what you were deleting. It now sounds more like a corrupt Profile so I would just save your bookmarks & delete anything connected to mozilla. I had to do this once & the easiest way was to do a search for mozilla & Firefox files using the windows search engine. Then I just deleted everything it found except the copy of my bookmarks of course.

11. cooljc

cooljc Thread Starter

wow...all i had to do was re-start the computer ::bangs head on wall::...it's workin' fine now...thanks for all the help :D

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/442222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice