I have no post

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tony007

Banned
I wanted to get into my bios to change my boot sequence but when I boot up I have no post showing I just go straight to the xp logo, how can I fix this and is there another way to getinto the bios. Thanks.

bearone2

Banned
f1, f2, del, esc.

even my son's dell desktop shows a screen with the button to push.

tony007

Banned
I've tried the del key even though I can see no post. Bearone Thats just it all I see when I boot up is the windows logo. I checked the site out mentioned it was no help. I've not tried F2 key because I know its the del key from previous experience.

tony007

Banned
I've fixed this by hitting the del key continuously whilst booting up which got me into the bios, once there I found that quick boot had been enabled (not by me) some joker I suppose, well I disabled it and now I can see my post page, but I learnt that there was another way to see this page while trying to solve this problem enter DXDIAG as a command prompt which gives you the post page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online