I have no sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timtom794

my mute button on my laptop won't turn off and i can't hear anything from my speakers or when i plug wired headphones in the only way i can hear is when i conect my bluetooth heaphones onto it but it gets annoying

What is the make and complete model number of the laptop?

Have you tried using USB speakers? Might work. <shrug> :)

managed

Allan
I moved this thread to the Hardware forum.

How do you know for sure that the laptop's mute button is stuck and causing the sound problem ?

managed

Allan
Do you mean there is some way of telling the laptop's mute button is stuck down and that is causing the lack of sound or are you just guessing ?

What is shown in Device Manager (right-click on Start > Device Manager) under 'Audio inputs and outputs' and under 'Sound, video and game controllers' ?
Post a screenshot with those 2 items expanded please :- https://forums.techguy.org/help/screenshot/

timtom794

What is the make and complete model number of the laptop?

Have you tried using USB speakers? Might work. <shrug> :)
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210509131233.000000-420
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @ 1.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 122 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 2
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 600, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 27 GB (0 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 84FC, ver 06.17, s/n PHMTL028JB1NSR
System: Insyde, ver HPQOEM - 3, s/n 5CD82848YX
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
Do you mean there is some way of telling the laptop's mute button is stuck down and that is causing the lack of sound or are you just guessing ?

What is shown in Device Manager (right-click on Start > Device Manager) under 'Audio inputs and outputs' and under 'Sound, video and game controllers' ?
Post a screenshot with those 2 items expanded please :- https://forums.techguy.org/help/screenshot/

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!