1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have on setup file that will not finish the install:

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MCD4x4, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCD4x4

MCD4x4 Thread Starter

Hi,

I am using Windows XP Professional, service pack 1 is installed. A few days ago the PC would not boot up. I had to reinstall Win XP Pro. All my programs had to be reinstalled because Windows did not acknowledge they were there. All 23 of them work fine. Here's where I ran into a problem. I use a Matrox G200 Quad card with TV Tuner. I downloaded and installed the software for the card and that too is fine. When I download the software for the TV part of the card to work, I double click on the unzipped set up file and it starts working, that gets to the part where it says "Preparing to Install" then it just disappears. It worked before the reinstall of windows. I've been playing with this for days and can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Brian NY

2. MCD4x4

MCD4x4 Thread Starter

any body?

3. MCD4x4

MCD4x4 Thread Starter

After days of problems and an hour ana half on the phone with Microsoft, I cracked and reformated c:. All problems fixed. Thanks.

MCD4x4

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!