I have problems with my router firewall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

menaggio

@ days ago I downloaded the free yahoo music engine for a 7 day fre trail of yahoo music unlimited, but every time that i try to use the engine it say that i should first connect to the net, but i'm connected so i send and email to yahoo music and this is the ansear( i did call my isp provider(sbc they told me to contact my router) and call my router d-link di-624 and they told that it is to complicated for me to do the adjustment on the firewall and that i should call sombody and pay him to do what yahoo ask me to do on the email)can you help me?
here is the email:

lease ask your ISP provider or firewall manufacturer how to make sure
that the following ports are open to the respective protocols, or make
sure that your firewall does not block the following:

HTTP port 80

HTTPS port 443

In addition you will also need to allow calls to the '63.250.215.0 -
'63.250.215.255' range of IP addresses, and the following URL domains:

*.launch.yahoo.com

*.yahoo.com

*.yimg.com

*.akamai.net

*.music.yahoo.com

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

TerryNet

Terry
Refer to your router's User Guide (on CD or find it on Dlink's web site) for instructions on forwarding ports (probably called "virtual server" section) to your computer, or else temporarily put your computer into the DMZ.

I think that you need not worry about the "allow calls to ..." unless you have a 3rd party firewall on your computer. If you do, you'll need to refer to the User Guide for the firewall for instructions on permitting those. Else temporarily uninstall, or maybe just disable, the firewall.

menaggio

i went on the web for my dlink router and i checked th evirtual server section, and I think the http 80 and https 443 are already checked here is the list from my router:

Name Private IP Protocol Schedule
Virtual Server FTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 21/21 always editdelete
Virtual Server HTTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 80/80 always editdelete
Virtual Server HTTPS 0.0.0.0 TCP 443/443 always editdelete
Virtual Server DNS 0.0.0.0 UDP 53/53 always editdelete
Virtual Server SMTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 25/25 always editdelete
Virtual Server POP3 0.0.0.0 TCP 110/110 always editdelete
Virtual Server Telnet 0.0.0.0 TCP 23/23 always editdelete
IPSec 0.0.0.0 UDP 500/500 always editdelete
PPTP 0.0.0.0 TCP 1723/1723 always editdelete
NetMeeting 0.0.0.0 TCP 1720/1720 always editdelete
DCS-1000 0.0.0.0 TCP 80/80 always editdelete
DCS-2000 0.0.0.0 TCP 80/80 always editdelete
i2eye 0.0.0.0 TCP 1720/1720 always
and i don't understand what is the dmz, i do not have others firewalls that i knok
thank you

TerryNet

Terry
I've never used port forwarding but those 0.0.0.0 entries in your above list look to me suspiciously like IP addresses not assigned. Did you set the desired ports to forward to your computer's address?

jiml8

I have a DI-624 here.

Go to the virtual server page (you already listed the settings) and, for the port 80 choice (listed as DCS-1000), select the "edit" icon, which is a little thing that looks like a piece of paper with a pencil on it, which is the first icon to the right of the line describing it (and to the left of the trashcan icon).

When you select the edit icon, the information pertaining to this choice will appear on the form at the top. Select the "Enabled" radio button. Then in the "private network" box, enter the address of your computer (which will be 192.168.0.something). You can get this address by opening a command line window on your computer and typing in "ipconfig /all".

After you have this information entered, click on the "apply" icon. If you have done this right, that line on the virtual server page will then have a checkmark to the left of it, indicating it is enabled.

Repeat this for the "Virtual Server HTTPS" line (port 443).

You should not need to do anything to connect with the specified range of IPs and websites.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts