1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have same problem, network connection issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by austinbirdman, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. austinbirdman

austinbirdman Thread Starter

Fleurdesel, did you ever get this problem resolved? I am having an uncannily similar problem. My DSL connection was wonky for quite some time but still worked (I would periodically get "Page can not be found" errors despite all four lights being green on the modem, then I'd run a Self Support tools from my ISP, which is AT&T, and the thing would go back to normal.)

After attempting to install a D-Link router, I began to have major problems with DSL connectivity, losing the connection after 5 minutes every time I logged in freshly or power cycled the modem to get back online. (Power cycling doesn't work now, only a reboot.)

I've spent a lot of time with Level 1 and now Level 2 tech support from AT&T, clearing viruses, resetting DNS options, etc. The latest tech thinks it might be a defective Network Card. I wonder if this is the case. I can presently surf the net find in Safe Mode with Networking, for as long as I want, but in normal mode I lose the connection after 4-5 minutes. (I am not using the router.)

So I'm curious to know if in the end your problem was the Network Card and how/whether you fixed the situation.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since the NIC works in safe mode, it's hard to imagine it's a hardware issue here.

How about posting a HijackThis log for a peek by the security folks?

Download HijackThis 1.99.1 and post a log here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/573662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice