I have some Bad Sectors in my Hard Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zeeeshan

Hi Everyone,
I have a 500GB Hard Drive and Few Partitions of it.
There are few KBs of Bad Sectors in 2 Partitions.
I read that there's no solution of bad sectors so what i do now ?
My Hard Drive isn't under warranty so i cant replace it.
So is there any good idea you can give ?
Please help :confused:

If the sectors are marked as bad, the operating system will ignore them and subtract the space from the available space.

Bad sectors could be caused either by the manufacturing process or by faulty hardware. If the latter is true, your hard drive may fail sooner than it might otherwise would, and there might be more risk of data being lost. There is no way of finding out how the bad sectors were created, but if more bad sectors are found on later scans, there's a high possibility of hardware failure.

Keep your files backed up.

zeeeshan

ok i will make my data backup but where i keep it ? ... in another hard drive or in the another partition of this hard drive which contain bad sectors ?

It wouldn't make sense to keep the backup on the same drive. You need another hard drive that can contain the size of your current drive at least.

zeeeshan

ok i will do it... thx but i will keep checking my hard drive bad sectors day by day and if they doesn't increase then what does it means ?

ok i will do it... thx but i will keep checking my hard drive bad sectors day by day and if they doesn't increase then what does it means ?
Bad sectors could remain contained for weeks/months/years...or they could explode into massive drive failure overnight.
Your call.

zeeeshan

btw how to check a full view of bad sectors in hard drive ?
I mean i used this method before
cmd>chkdsk/r etc... is there any method where i can see all bad sectors at once ?

Stoner

Banned
HDTune can give you a graphical representation of sectors.
It can also read the SMART data to check if there are other issues with the drive.
Speedfan will also read SMART data.
I use both.

Good luck....

DoubleHelix

Banned
Hard drives are so cheap, there's no point in risking losing data to continue to use a failing drive.

zeeeshan

HDTune can give you a graphical representation of sectors.
It can also read the SMART data to check if there are other issues with the drive.
Speedfan will also read SMART data.
I use both.

Good luck....
Thanks dude i have install HDTune in my PC and here is its report

Have a look and tell me if my Hard Drive is in Dangrous :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online