1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have some questions about RAID and SP/DIF Format?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dk, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dk

dk Thread Starter

I am looking at a Soyo Dragon Plus motherboard, and it mentions something about RAID network, and SP/DIF format, what is this? Is it something I could use? Thanks for the help, I am putting together a new system next week and would like some help I am replacing the case and MOBO and CPU and Graphics card

2. brianF

brianF

SPDIF is digital output to go directly to another digital input without the analogue conversion. You can go out to a digital receiver using it if you want.
    S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) is a standard audio transfer file format. It is usually found on digital audio equipment such as a DAT machine or audio processing device. It allows the transfer of audio from one file to another without the conversion to and from an analog format, which could degrade the signal quality

raid info

http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid5_gci214332,00.html

3. dk

dk Thread Starter

what would I use the interface for? I understand what it is just not sure what I would use it for

4. brianF

brianF

People use them to connect to dolby digital systems. Say a home theater system

5. dk

dk Thread Starter

cool!, what about a Firewire port I know they frequently come on Macs, but how do you add one to an IBM based system, I am planning on someday owning a Digital Video camera.

6. brianF

brianF

You can buy firewire cards or you can go with a soundblaster audigy with line drive, that gives you a front mount firewire port I beleive

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66550

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice