Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I have some serious Burning Issues.......

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  thecoalman 
#1 ·
ok, a couple of months ago i had a file that needed the k lite codec for my pc to recognize it, to burn it....
Now when i try to open some video files, media player will give an error message (Windows Media player has had an Error and needs to close) and freeze my computer for about five minutes, and nero won't let me burn them either...Nero will go as far as to let me pick which files to burn and then as soon as I add the file it will not give me an error message, it will just restart the program.
Yesterday i got tired of not being able to burn/play these files, so i uninstalled the codec and downloaded a new K lite full 2.73... and the file plays but Nero now gives me an error (unable to insert C:blahblah/blah.avi)
I need to know if theres anything i can download to reset the basics of my video codecs. Or is should I need to system restore to somewhere before I started this disgusting fiasco?
please help I'm lost in a sea of codecs and error messages!

#2 ·
First codec packs are evil... You should only install what you need as you need them. You can use Gspot to identify what codec you need: http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ Then go here for links to them: www.videohelp.com/tools

Second, unless your making a DVD compliant disc burning the file does not require a codec. It's only required if you want to view,edit etc. If you're just trying to copy the file to disc and it won't then it's a completely different problem, or two seperate ones. So what is it you're doing, copying or making a DVD compliant disc with chapters and menus?

#5 ·
First uninstall the codec pack, then get this tool and see if their are any codecs listed as broken: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Codec_Sniper

I there are delete them. Then use g-spot to determine what the codec is that you need to play the file and install it. If your unsure what to install, list the codec information that gspot gives you. There's tutorials on how to use those tools on those pages ,suggest you read them before using them.

#6 ·
i got the codec pack cleaned out, used codec sniper, and all the things listed had a status of ok. used gspot and made the file play with the codec i needed.
but nero still won't let me insert it to burn it to dvd...any additional info?
(thanx for the help with the codecs...gspot will come in real handy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.