1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i have stability issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by helmme82, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helmme82

helmme82 Thread Starter

My computer just crashes. I'll b surfing the web and it just shuts off. It will reboot itself. But then sometimes a blue screen comes up. This is my first computer so i'm not so technically advanced. But by nature i'm a fix urself type of person. I went to the troubleshooting and it said I have automatic start up on programs which could cause it to boot up slower. That obviusly has nothing to do with crashing. I have a dell 580 I run windows 7 64 bit. If other info is needed please let me know and i shall pass it along. Thanks 4 ur help.:)

2. cybersloth

cybersloth

scan for virus (make sure your AV is up to date)
    scan HDD for errors
    run a memory test (there's one on your Win7 Disk)
    check plugs and connectors
    clean out any dust
    try another PSU and soak test (if it's not a laptop)
    disconnect non esscential hardware, soak test

I would also sudgest provideing your system specs Dell 580 dosent say a whole lot, is it an optiplex (small PC) Inspirion (laptop) Power edge (server - ok i'm guessing not, but you get the idea)

CPU=
    RAM=
    HDD=
    weird hardware or mods???

3. helmme82

helmme82 Thread Starter

its a inspirion

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

On a nearly new machine, the 1st thing I would do is go to the Dell website and install the latest BIOS update.

5. cybersloth

cybersloth

ok, if you a windows 7 install disk it has a memory checker, memory isues can cause bluescreen stop errors, so checking this would be a good idea, also is the laptop still under warranty if so and you do have a hardware problem i think dell has a to your door warranty.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice