1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have the old StartupCop.

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by I Fix 4 U, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

There is a good pay program called StartupCop. It became pay when they updated it. Before they were distributing a small program with little features that is the original startupcop or startupcop classic. I have that old file and its legal to distribute it as it is a free file and is no longer offered by the company. If anyone wants this file than inquire and i will post it as an attachment as it is so small it can fit in a floppy. Moderators if you feel this thread is suspicious please tell me i dont want to start anything.

2. Big-K

Big-K

what it do?

3. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

StartupCop searches various parts of your registry to find startup programs. Inside the program you can see what will run at startup, enable, disable, or pack for removal. You can save startup profiles and i find it to work great when i want to control what programs run. otherwise i'd have no ram left at startup.

4. Big-K

Big-K

isnt that what msconfig is for? And regcleaner?

5. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

msconfig seems to hard for noobies and it isnt the best frontend. i like startup cop because it is simple and seems the best frontend for controlling startup. You can surely try it all it need is someone to ask and i'll post it as an attachment.

6. Schnitzu

Schnitzu

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Just because its free or old doesn't mean you are licensed to distribute it.

8. Big-K

Big-K

It's called abandonware. Lots of old DOS games at the dos game archive are abandonware.

9. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

Yeah i thought it was abandonware like dos programs and games. I just wasn't goin to say that until someone else did because i didnt want to be wrong. The company that makes startupcop does not give support, sell, or even relatively speak of it anymore.
    PS i tried to attach it and upload and it gave a page not found after uploading. Never attached it but i tried.

10. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice