1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have to flush my DNS cache almost daily

Discussion in 'Networking' started by 3312, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3312

3312 Thread Starter

Hello. First of all, I really hope I'm posting this on the right forum hahaha. Ok so, I tend to play lots of online multiplayer games on my computer and browse through various websites and what not, blah blah blah, putting the games aside, you could say i'm your average computer user.

Thing is that after a day or two, I can't find any servers in my games and many websites won't load on my browser. Unless I flush my DNS that is. I don't really have a problem with doing so, but it can get annoying having to do it everyday. It doesn't seem like most people have to deal with this, so I was wondering, is there anyway I can browse the internet and play games without worrying about whether or not I flushed or will have to flush my DNS?

Thanks in advance to whoever replies!

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Can you open command prompt and run a ipconfig /all command and post the information in your next reply (Please do this first before changing the DNS)

Next try using Googles Public DNS to see if the problem persists or not. Link below has all the information in regards to using Google's DNS.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice