I have to keep resetting my laptop. Do I need a new battery

sccclem

I recently got an Acer Swift 3 in April. It is a refurbished laptop and the model is SF315-52-52YN. I never have the computer in anything but sleep mode. I only shut down the computer if it needs an update or if I am not going to be using it for a long period of time. About every 3 weeks the computer won't turn on after being in sleep mode. I have to reset it using the battery pinhole because holding down the power button for 30 seconds doesn't work. The first time it happened I thought it was going to stop but it didn't. I'm worried that if I have to keep resetting the battery the computer will permanently die on me within a year. Do I need to replace the battery?

Oddba11

Jim
Is it connected to AC power or only using battery? Sleep mode still uses power, so if it's just sitting there on the battery, it's likely getting low and powering off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online