1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have to push the reset button everytime i turn my pc on.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by reddwarf1387, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. reddwarf1387

reddwarf1387 Thread Starter

I have to hit the reset button every time I turn my computer on. After i hit the reset button everything comes up just fine. But every morning when i get up I turn the power to my computer on and it has a blank screen the two DVD drives blink and the hdd led stays lit up bright. but then when i hit the reset button it comes up just like normal. can anyone tell me why this is? It's not affecting anything that I can tell just annoying. I do not have to go into BIOS and change anything after this occurs. Windows starts just like normal and there does not seem to be any thing else wrong with my pc.

Thanks for the help guys this site is the best!

the system specs listed are current

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

It's probably time to change the CMOS battery on the motherboard.
    Sounds like it is getting weak and causing the bios to hang.
    Had the same problem on one of my computers.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

It does not sound like the CMOS Battery. If it were you would have to reset you BIOS Settings every time you boot up. To me it sounds more like a Power Supply problem. IMHO Ultra is not a top brand and may be the problem. To check this you could simply connect in a known good power supply to see if it corrects the problem.

4. reddwarf1387

reddwarf1387 Thread Starter

I don't have a big enough power supply to test it with. all i got is a 350 is there any other way to test this ?

5. Wino

Wino

Try cycling your TV/Monitor power on/off in lieu of reset button on computer. I had a new 20" Samsung monitor that was bad about not having image on boot, indicating it was not getting an analog or digital signal. I spent days trying to figure out the problem thinking it was everything from vid card, MoBo, PCI slot, PSU, XP OS, VGA or DVI cable, only to discover that a simple on/off of monitor would resolve the problem. Eventually moved it to another computer (which had same make/model vid card) and never had the problem again. The 22" ViewSonic that replaced the Samsung has never had a glitch - knock on wood.:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/966434