1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have vicious spyware on my computer...I'm new please help me!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Giggle35, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giggle35

Giggle35 Thread Starter

Okay, so here's what happened. I clicked on a link because it said something about Chace Crawford(I am obsessed with him) anyways once I did that it started to download something on my computer. Ever since then I have been getting these annoying pop ups about every 10 minutes so that I could download this anti spyware thing. Ever since then my computer has been acting up. I have been downloading everything from spybot to noton internet security and it seems that nothing is working. I just got this labtop for Christmas and I don't want it runied. My dad is going to kill me just please help me out. BTW: Can whoever is helping me help me step by step because I am computer illiterate.
    Oh yeah and once I do get rid of the virus or spyware or whatever it is...how do I get my computer "healthy" again?
    I you need to know I have Windows Vista
    The vius link I think is Virtumonde...

2. Giggle35

Giggle35 Thread Starter

Okay if anyone is listening....I just got all my files, backround and etc back but the pop ups still keep coming. What is the problem, does anyone know?

3. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!