1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I hear music on my iPod Shuffle iPod folder on computer is empty

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by linsjean, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

I have the older iPod shuffle that is about 1" x 2". I plug it in and it seems to be charging (yelllow flashing light). Do I turn it off while it's charging?

I downloaded iTunes 11, and yet it does not look like the layout here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

I tried to folow their directions by moving iTunes from My Music into Document/My Music. I can't even see my library now.

After I installed iTunes I saw some older songs on there that were in My Music.

Did I install the right version for Windows 7? Maybe I can start all over again. I want to transfer my songs that are on my iPod to my computer and then pick and choose what songs to put on my iPod.

Thanks!

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The version of iTunes you use doesn't really matter, as long as it's one of the recent versions that support Win7. Version 11 is the latest release.

The location of your files doesn't matter, you simply tell iTunes where the music is located (even if it's in multiple folders on multiple harddrives) and it gets indexed.

I don't believe you can move music FROM your iPod into iTunes. It's a form of copy protection.

Check out a program called SharePod.

3. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

Thanks oddball. I will check into that.

4. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

Oddba11 (I noticed I called you oddball last time, sorry about that :)

I installed Sharepod and now I see the songs that are on my iPod, great! Now how do I tell SharePod to display the name of the artists. I uninstalled iTunes, but it did show that info. I can't find a help feature for the application. I want to also learn how to add music to my iPod shuffle but only play certain albums. For example, if I want to listen to relaxing music at night, I want it to repeat just that album, not the upbeat exercise music.

Thanks for any info you can help me with.

5. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I've not used it, just seen it recommended for pulling music from iPods and it has decent reviews.

Having said that, the Help section on their website states that iTunes does need to be installed. > http://www.getsharepod.com/help/

After you have the music saved from the iPod, you can format the iPod and/or use iTunes like normal to maintain your music.

As for listening type, that is typically handled using playlists. But I don't believe all iPod models support playlists.

Hope this helps.

6. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

That is a great link and good advice, thanks!

I will click solved after I do all that needs to be done. You've been a great help so far, thanks!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1109981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice