Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I hid my admin account on windows 10 and cant access it

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Byron1234 
#1 ·
I have hidden my admin account on windows 10 and I can't acess it anymore.Please help

#5 ·
While it is not advised to use the Administrator account for regular computer tasks that do not need Administrator prilimanager privileges as an example for managing the system of a company named, Prili, or doing tasks requiring full access to Windows for others in private environments such as homes, it is possible to access a hidden Administrator account on Windows 10. Here is a link to instructions on how to make the Administrator account's icon visible again.
Link:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e left-pane, click,the built-in admin account.

It is important to only use the Administrator account for system management tasks or installation-related tasks in order to keep Windows secure as much as possible. Computer viruses and malware are a greater threat to Administrator accounts than to regular user accounts.

#6 ·
Are you referring to the built-in Administrator account? Do you have another account with Administrator privileges? If so, left-click on the Windows Start button, type cmd, left-click on the Command Prompt app, and then choose Run as administrator. Acknowledge UAC, if required.

Once the Command Prompt window opens, type in the following:

net user Administrator /active:yes

#11 ·
search for System Restore, click to open, select the System Protection tab, usually opens on that automatically, click on System Restore, either click Recomended Restore or Choose a different restore point, (at the bottom), click next, then click on one of the restore points listed, click next and let the program run, hope this helps

#15 ·
Windows key +r then I typed regedit. I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Special Accounts and then I made a file inside that called the name of my admin account. Here is a link to a video explaining what I did.

#16 ·
Did you do the step in the video about exporting the registry for both the HIDE and SHOW settings?
If so, where did you put those reg files? If they are in the admin accounts user folders (ie Documents), you will have difficulty accessing them.

You can edit the registry offline using command prompt in recovery mode.
There are some tips on how to do that here:
https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/edit-registry-offline-windows-re/

The example given there is a bit different that what you need to do, but it is in the same area:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Follow it up to where they change the userinit value. Instead, you want to either remove the SpecialAccounts key and the subkeys under it that you added, or to change the value for your username under SpecialAccounts\Userlist to 1, so that it will show.

Then unload the hive as per their steps.

Alternatively, you may be able to run regedit in safe mode and undo your changes there. In this case, the registry you need to edit will be online not offline, so you can skip loading the proper hive.

How to get to safe mode:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.