1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I Inserted My Win 98 Se Boot Disc ... Having Trouble Now

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by davidwazhere, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davidwazhere

davidwazhere Thread Starter

:( undefinedundefinedundefinedI AM WORKING ON MY OLD COMPUTER THAT WOULDN'T BOOT UP ONE DAY, IT HAD WIN 95 BUT WAS UPGRADED TO 98. I MADE A FLOPPY BOOT DISK FOR IT AND RAN SOME OF SCAN DISK AND IT HAS SOME ERRORS , BUT DISK TOO SMALL TO FIX ALL OF THEM , SO I BY-PASSED THE LAST FEW , BUT DONT KNOW WHAT TO TYPE IN EVERY TIME IT READS... A:/> HELPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASEEEEEEEEE

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

Not sure exactly what your problem is besides forgetting the caps lock on, scan disk should fix all errors regardless of disk size. Just set scan disk to repair all errors automatically. Like I said I'm not sure what's wrong, sorry.

3. davidwazhere

I am trying to get my windows 98 to boot up from floppy boot up disk. I ran SCANDISK/ALL.......... It could not fix all errors only some. Thank You For helping.

4. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

Oh I see you can't even get windows to load and you used scan disk from a command prompt. Did you try scanreg/restore ? Just in case windows won't load because the registry is messed up.

5. davidwazhere

No , I haven't tried that yet , but thanks to you , I will .Do you have any ideal of where I should go from there?.. next step lol ?

6. ezymony

ezymony

scanreg /restore notice the space between scanreg and restore.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!