1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I installed a graphics card, pc won’t boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Benbjb1, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benbjb1

Benbjb1 Thread Starter

Specs:
    Intel i3 7100
    Motherboard: msi b250m pro-vdh
    2 x 8gb crucial ddr4 2133mhz
    500w Tesla psu
    Windows 10 pro on 120gb wd ssd
    1tb wd hdd
    Graphics card: Asus Radeon 7770 2gb

This is the first computer I have built, and it works completely fine without the graphics card. The card was given to me by my brother in law a few days after I built it, it’s new but has been sat boxed in his house for over a year. Anyway when I install the card, my pc fails to boot and I get a vga light on the ez debug on the motherboard, doesn’t even get to the bios.
    I have updated the bios, I’ve ensured it is fully seated in the pcie slot, I’ve tried with just one stick ram in slot one, I have installed the drivers for it.
    Also if it makes a difference I’m using a 2 x4 pin molex to 6 pin pcie adapter, but I’ve been told my psu should be capable for this setup?
    Any help on this would much appreciated, thanks

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    A "Tesla" brand PSU is not a high quality unit.

Secondly, the MINIMUM wattage for your card is listed as 500W.

So your power supply is most likely not strong enough to support that card.

I would install a larger, HIGHER QUALITY power supply and then see if the issue persists. Something like a Corsair RMx 850.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1203304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice