i installed a second but hd c" is now 70??% used

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

voltec2002

what happened the hd c" was only used a 5 %
after i istalled the second hd E"
the first hd is now free 35%

Hi Voltec
Did you actually install a second physical hard drive?
What are the size of both drives if so?
Your post reads a bit like a text message, try to rephrase and be more exact please.
:confused:
Wolfey

As Wolfeymole says, this is a bit difficult to decipher. Maybe you partitioned the C: drive in error.

In any case, we could help you more if you would go into detail, explaining everything you did from the time you took the drive out of the box.

voltec2002

i have a 80 giga hd with only 5% used of 80giga
i installed a second hd as back up drive E 120 giga
after i did that the first hd consumed half the hd C to only 35% left

what consumed too much hd C?

I think the second drive is sat looking in to space Elvandil and it's like you say he has partitioned C

Wolfeymole said:
I think the second drive is sat looking in to space Elvandil and it's like you say he has partitioned C
Yeh, that's possible. But the numbers don't match up---there can't be a 120 partition on an 80. But maybe the sizes weren't checked. Still a mystery.

voltec2002:
What software did you use to install the drive? Did you format it? Did you partition it? What operating system are you using? Can you access your new drive? When you right-click your drives in My Computer, Properties, what sizes are the drives?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online