1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i installed two systems on the same laptop !

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by thelionn, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thelionn

thelionn Thread Starter

hi all ,
    i have a laptop HP
    have the OS windows 7 32bit

anyways

i installed more other windows 7 32bit by a CD without formatting the hard disc
    so it finished successfully
    so when i open the computer to see the hard disc it looks like the other system is exist
    i open the properties > advanced system settings > the settings "startup and recovery"
    when i choose the "default operating system" it looks like i have only one system
    so it means the previous OS is exist but i don't know how to access to it !
    i have a very important files that i need

help please

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you attach a screen shot of the Disk Management window we may get a better idea of what you are talking about. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

3. thelionn

thelionn Thread Starter

ok i took a picture of my disk management and a picture of my computer to see the two partitions C: and D:

Attached Files:

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You appear to have only one installed system, unless you have maybe a Linux distribution in the "New Volume" partition.

The "C" partition is using a lot of space for a new install, so maybe it includes a C:\Windows.old folder with files/folders from your previous installation.

5. thelionn

thelionn Thread Starter

no both of the are windows 7 , i had windows 7 by default in the laptop
    it is not my laptop it is cousin's
    it was soo much freezing so i decided to re-format it and install a new version of windows in it .
    i just installed the new windows and forgot to re-format the hard drive so i guess the new OS installed in the C: volume , so this is why it looks like going to be full and no free space ,
    so it means the system files and the personal files in the previous OS still in the computer by i don't know if there any ways to access to them to take what i need
    if there is no way ! like if it is impossible to access to the files
    can i delete the previous OS to make new free space in the HD C: volume ?

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You quoted my post # 4 but either you did not read it or do not understand it. The space used in the "D" partition is way too little to be a Windows 7 installation. When you reinstalled Windows 7 in the same "C" partition it probably saved folders/files from the previous installation in a folder called C:\Windows.old. If so, you can copy any that are desired. You can delete any (up to and including the entire folder) that are not desired.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice