1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I just bought a new Battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bbgarnett, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

I just bought a new 9 cell Battery for my Dell Inspiron 1525 and was wondering what I should do to ensure that I get the most out of my battery. I haven't received it yet but will either tomorrow or early next week and just wanted to be prepared.

2. vicks

vicks

I suggest that you go to www.dell.com/support enter your service tag number (on bottom side of the laptop) and download/save the manual for your particular computer.
    I believe that the battery should be installed and charged for 24 hours before you try to operate the computer without the electricity connected. The manual will explain all of that.
    Vicks

3. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

well i didn't see much about new battery tips or whatever in the manual so I mean I will let it fully charge and then should I let it discharge fully and then recharge it and go through a cycle like this or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice