Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I just made a new PC having problems with playing a few games...

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Smety 
#1 ·
Firstly this doesn't happen to all games just a select few atm:

Black and White 2
HL2 stress test
Gary's mod (not doing it atm though but was before)
Everquest 2

System specs:

core duo 6700
1 gb corsair 800mhz
Gigabyte dq6
Geforce 7900gt 512mb gainward golden sample

Now when i play these games i come out of them and my res just keeps reseting endlessly until i restart. I get graphics corruption in the games too like some weird colours.

I've downloaded the lastest nvidia drivers and it still does it, i downloaded microsofts hotfix 3 for dual core processors but still does it.

Example on Black and white 2 (where it acts the worst) http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/1624/battleofthegods2006082120372246pj9.jpg

See less See more
#5 ·
I would try re seating the card, make sure the card is connected to the PSU (if that card requires it but I am pretty sure the 7900 does) and then try uninstalling and reinstalling the newest drivers for that card.

Does your MB have onboard video? if it does did you disable it in the BIOS?

Is this your card? http://www.gainward.net/products/product.php?products_id=49

If so do you have both Molex plugs connected to the PSU? According to the specs that power adaptor is not a pass through, as in you can hook one Molex connector to the PSU and the other end to the card and then leave the 2nd Molex connector open to be used as a plug on a drive. The spec sheet says that both connectors need to be connected to the PSU :eek:

:eek: wow that card is power hungry!!!! :eek:

SPEC sheet here

#6 ·
I have a SLI ready PSU so it comes with them connectors with it :) I've checked all you said and none of that.

I contacted SOE TSR and they said the game doesn't support dual cores and it looks/sounds like a dual core problem. Said its most likely Gary's mod and Black and White 2 dont support dual cores too.

Cause the GPU works well with other games like oblivion then it wont be a faulty card or anything, just be done to the dual core and will ahve to wait for the games to patch them

#7 ·
I know for a fact it's a bad graphics card, get a new card and it will be fine. Either the RAM on the card is bad or the core is f'ed up . . .

EDIT: Well if you say it works fine in other games then I don't know. But I know I had the same problem before, with the weird colors and stuff like taht, and it was my graphics card . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.