I keep getting "security settings dont allow active x" on a 'trusted" site

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hulk0202

I have my settings set to allow active x on all trusted sites, yet when I go to CNN.com, a trusted site, I keep getting the message that my settings DO NOT allow active x to run on the site. I checked them twice, and it is set correctly. Any ideas?

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Open IE and go to Tools, Internet Options, Security, Internet, Custom Level. You can change the ActiveX settings there for IE.

hulk0202

Ivr tried that about a million times, hoping something would change, but to no avail. Any other ideas?

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each line:

Note Click OK if you are prompted to do this.
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 /u wintrust.dll
regsvr32 /u initpki.dll
regsvr32 /u dssenh.dll
regsvr32 /u rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 /u gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 /u sccbase.dll
regsvr32 /u slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 /u cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32 /u softpub.dll
exit

Restart your computer.
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
At the command prompt, type the following commands (press ENTER after each command):

Note Click OK if you are prompted to do this.
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32 softpub.dll
exit

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online