I keep losing more and more space in my HD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Diisasta

I have a 583GB HDD and about two days ago something used up about 40GB of it, so I opened up the HD and checked the size of all the files sizes sumed up and it came to about 34GB, my computer says there are 161GB used up. I used partition magic and there aren't any(according to partition magic) other partitions.

Tanis

Shane
Hi and welcome to TSG.

A little more information would help, for example: Make and model etc. of the machine. What Operating System are you using (XP, VIsta etc.)?

I would imagine that you have missed some files if you worked out 34Gb and the System is reporting 161Gb used. Were you showing Hidden and System files?

dustyjay

Jay
Have you got System Restore set on? Everytime a restore point is set it will use more space.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online