1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I know it's been asked already but

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by plwc, Dec 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plwc

plwc Thread Starter

I downloaded Spybot, and found a whole mess of crap on my computer. Hopefully this takes care of my pop up problem, and all the other junk. Just one question, do I fix everything that pops up on a scan, or just the stuff that is automatically checked?

I started to check all the boxes, and I decided I better ask, seems like some of this stuff is using names that appear to be ligit

2. steamwiz

steamwiz

Just the stuff in RED

3. steamwiz

steamwiz

THe stuff in GREEN is optional

A little help on the best way to run spybot

click the online tab to search for and download the updates, then shut down and relaunch SpyBot.

Go to the Settings tab > File Sets, and uncheck 'System Internals' and 'Tracks' .
    These aren't needed for our present purpose, and you can always experiment with them later on.

Finally, after closing down Internet Explorer, click 'Check for problems', and have SpyBot remove all it finds 'Fix selected problems'

you may have to run it more than once

steam

4. Ethmer

Ethmer

_
    i'd also suggest that they uncheck "Cookies.sbi" unless they like having to re-log into sites like this and others where a user-name and password are needed.

5. steamwiz

steamwiz

Yes if you do want to delete the cookies - you will have to specifically tick the cookies for removal (it is not preticked) and if there are certain cookies you want to keep ( as pointed out by ethmer)- click "excludes" and then "cookies" and tick [email protected] and any others you want to keep - these will then not be deleted when you delete the rest of the cookies

6. plwc

plwc Thread Starter

Thanks................Don

7. steamwiz

steamwiz

Don

[tsg=yourewelcome][/tsg]

steam

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/110184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice