1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I know just about nothing about programming.

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by nineismine, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nineismine

nineismine Thread Starter

I am however interested can anyone suggest how I should start, What do I need? Which literature would you reccomend?

2. Snake~eyes

Snake~eyes

you should first decide what field of programming.

What do you seem intreested in?

there's TONS of languages.

You can do online stuff, wich inclues but isn't limited to, HTML, DHTML, XML, CSS, Perl, PHP, ASP.

Or you can do offline stuff which again, includes but isn't limited to, C++, C, Visual Basic, Java

that's a lot to take in. lol
    i recommend HTML. I think its a good place to start. Cause you need to know html before you can seriously do any other online ones.

3. DJ P@CkMaN

DJ [email protected]

yeh.. if you want to program web sites you should go with HTML but if your looking at making programs, try visual basic because its easy to start with.

good luck

4. IMM

IMM

IF you're really interested in programming (and you don't mean VBScript or HTML etc.) - start with something fairly structured (perhaps PASCAL based) and be prepared to spend a LOT of time. Delphi might be a good choice. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/76937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice