I lost a screen recording somewhere in my macbook air

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rvklsm

so I recently recorded a zoom session with my dad. I stopped the recording after the session ended (with the setting set to save to desktop), clicked the icon that appeared to open the file, and played back a few minutes to make sure it worked. I then clicked Share to send it via Airdrop to my computer. This did not work; the status remained "cancelled" despite my efforts. I assumed I'd be able to access it through my phone by sending it through a third app, so i pressed cancel on the airdrop pop-up window. The entire screen recording closed and (apparently) vanished forever after the action. I'm extremely frustrated because I can't seem to locate this video. please help.

Couriant

James
/Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom is the default location for the videos. Can you find it there?

rvklsm

/Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom is the default location for the videos. Can you find it there?
hii thank you for your help but i just checked and it wasn't there, i screen recorded it through my laptop and not through zoom so i think that explains it :(((

rvklsm

so I recently recorded a zoom session with my dad. I stopped the recording after the session ended (with the setting set to save to desktop), clicked the icon that appeared to open the file, and played back a few minutes to make sure it worked. I then clicked Share to send it via Airdrop to my computer. This did not work; the status remained "cancelled" despite my efforts. I assumed I'd be able to access it through my phone by sending it through a third app, so i pressed cancel on the airdrop pop-up window. The entire screen recording closed and (apparently) vanished forever after the action. I'm extremely frustrated because I can't seem to locate this video. please help.
The issue seems to be that I used the Screenshot app/shortcut for the recording (not QT or Preview), and when I clicked the icon after ending the session, that (apparently) prevents the file from saving anywhere (despite the listed default as Save to Desktop), so when I clicked to share it over Airdrop, even though the file failed to send, I was never prompted with the option to close/save/discard/etc. - it simply closed the file and deleted it without saving...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online