1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i.m from email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dude42ok, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dude42ok

dude42ok Thread Starter

can anyone tell me if its possible to get an im address from email sent to me, and if so how..........ty

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

can you explain what you mean in more detail... not understanding what you're asking.

3. dude42ok

dude42ok Thread Starter

you know when you go in a chat room, your ip addy comes up 234.12.345 etc, well is it possible if someone sends me an email to get there ip addy from the e,mail, jeeeees does that make sense?

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

The only way I know to do that is if you are an Outlook Express user.
    Simply right click on the e-mail "before you open it"... go to properties & the info you seek is there.

Microsoft is the only one that shows your IP #... least far as I know

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Savvy is right as far as I know. Anything that you could find would be in message source in OE. Using the IP would only give you the ISP of the person if using dialup since the IP changes everytime they log on. Not sure what you would get with cable or dsl. Probably the same thing.

http://www.arin.net/whois/

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice