1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved I made my own pc and it wont switch on. pls help :)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dingiest, Nov 1, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Dingiest

Dingiest Thread Starter

Hi i copied this video:

i used differint motherboard ,ram , case ,and ssd
    • PSU:
    • EVGA 600 BR powersupply, 80+ Bronze,
    • RAm:
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz C15 XMP 2.0
    • cpu:
    • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4,2GHz AM4 6MB Cache Wraith Spire
    • and motherboard:
    • MSI B450 Gaming PlusMax (Sockel AM4/B450/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX)
    this is my scound pc so i probbliy havnt plugged things in rong. but im rly lost and dont know what to do next . i cant rly go to a tech shop till next month. thanks !

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, I see one thing that just jumps out at me; motherboard/cpu combo. Your board does not support that cpu until a bios update. Your choices are;
    1 Return the motherboard and go with a X570 chipset board that has native support for the 3xxx series processors
    2 Get hold of an older cpu and install it then flash the bios to the latest one. Shutdown and reinstall your original processor

Note AMD had a loaner program where they would ship you an old processor and allow you to flash the bios. You then ship the processor back to them. I do not know if this is still in effect.
    You may have other problems with the build however you need to fix the compatibility issue before proceeding to other possible problems.

Dingiest likes this.
  3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Just a note of advise. It is always a good idea to post your list of intended parts. We could have told you about the motherboard/cpu combo prior to your purchasing these parts.

Dingiest likes this.
  4. Dingiest

Dingiest Thread Starter

Thanks for the fast reply crjdriver ,luckly I had an extra CPU on site to update it. Windows works and all I have to do now is instal drivers.
    It was alot of work for 1 PC XD
    I put the parts in PC-part-picker and they told me there was a problem.. I was losing my **** XD...
    But thanks to your help I tried switching CPUs letting it boot and then putting the new one back. And it worked perfectly!
    I was thinking of getting a GPU a 1080ti do I need to get a new psu for it?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are welcome.
    I do not understand this part. Of course you need to pay for a video card; unless you steal it :):)
    I assume there is a typo somewhere or an auto-correct mistake.

One thing you will need to change if you install a gaming type card; pw supply. EVGA does not mfg their own pw supplies. The supernova series is mfg by seasonic and those are fine; the other ones from evga, not so much.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

For future reference, when your problem is fixed/solved, you can mark your own thread as solved using the button at the upper left. No need for this one; I marked it for you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice