1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I messed up (I guess) moniter issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tustinism, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tustinism

tustinism Thread Starter

Alright, I dont have a clue on what to do

I'm fixing up an older computer....

AL440LX intel board
    Pheonix MAXi Gamer video card
    233 PII

I installed windows ME (i know, i know) and the default video driver with windows was 16 colors and 640x480 ONLY. So I tried to find so drivers for the video card. Being that it is older, they were a little tougher to find. To make a long story shorter, I found some drivers, installed them, and when I did a reboot, the moniter does not come on as if it is in standby mode. It must have been the wrong drivers but now I think the problem is the bios is screwed up from the drivers and now I can't see anything, change anything etc. What in the world should I do?

(matter of fact, I know its the bios because I even stuck in a different hard drive and it had the same problem) I guess I need to reset bios?? I dunno, and I dont know how to do that.....and help would be wonderful!

oh ya, and if you help me out, you'll win a free trip to hawii at your own expense! :D

2. dzones

dzones

never heard of a video driver messing up the bios but anyway..

you can reset your bios with a little jumper on the motherboard. should be right near the battery. you just need to put the jumper on the "clear cmos" option and that should reset it for you

good luck

3. tustinism

tustinism Thread Starter

I tried that.....still cant see a thing and I dont know what the computer is doing.

4. tustinism

tustinism Thread Starter

Like I said, I'm not really sure exactly why its doing what its doing...but its just what I assumed. Is this sound weird to anyone?

5. dai

dai

see if you can start in safe mode
    if you car'nt reseat the video card are you getting any beeps when you turn on

6. tustinism

tustinism Thread Starter

Well, i cant see anything and I do believe there are beeps. A few of them

7. dai

dai

well the beep codes will tell you what is wrong write the down then look here
    www.bioscentral.com

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!