Solved I messed up my moms computer

Hello364836

I went to system configure. I unhit in general load start up items. I also hit hide Microsoft and then hit apply. And now I can't log in
I was trying to get rid of the black page that would show up at start.
I know I did something stupid.
I just want the computer to work again. Help please.

valis

You will need to enter the correct user name and password, there is no way around it. If your mom has an admin account set up on that, you need to ask her. Easiest way, especially if you want to keep the data.

Hello364836

You will need to enter the correct user name and password, there is no way around it. If your mom has an admin account set up on that, you need to ask her. Easiest way, especially if you want to keep the data.
What is a admin account. I tried the password on the login screen and even change it and it still does not works.

Hello364836

I fixed the problem with a restore point and it lets me log in now and seems fine now. Thank you for the help

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
How far back in time did you take that computer by using a restore point?
It may be working okay now, but some of your Mom's personal data and/or apps may now be missing or outdated.
You will find out soon enough after she gets back to using that computer.

------------------------------------------------

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
System Restore has no impact on data (documents, pictures, etc.). Apps and programs are a different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online