I need a cheaper DSL service.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

axeman61

SBC just pulled some **** that had the DSL on the bill costing 55 bucks, when my mom had gotten a deal for one year of service for about 26 bucks months ago. I don't know what is happening, but I don't think the 55 dollars on the bill is a typo. If push comes to shove, I'll have to get a new DSL. Is it possible to use my current modem for another service? How much does cable cost now?

im quite sure u can still use ur modem with sbc if ever u sign up for a dsl service with another ISP. im not very familiar with the different rates ISPs offer for dsl.

jd_957

Banned
:eek: Let the buyer beware. read the fine print.

first computer i bought. got suckered into an isp deal that cost me 24 dollars a month with a 3 yr contract. now that it is over. i read the fine print and am now paying 10 dollars a month. and both of these are dialup. have no idea about dsl. but i bet their contracts look about the same.

axeman61 said:
I'll have to get a new DSL. How much does cable cost now?
Check out Broadband Reports (formerly dslreports) http://www.broadbandreports.com/
for service and ratings in your area.
Just for comparison, Verizon advertises $29.99 for DSL with other services required.
My ISP, Cavalier Telephone, charges $25/mo for DSL, but phone service is required. My monthly bill averages $68 for DSL, unlimited local calling, 5 cpm long distance, 12 calling features (caller ID, call waiting, voicemail, etc.), and all the nuisance taxes and fees (about $18 worth).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online