I need a new printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gslater

I had an HP MultiFunction but had to replace the print head after 16 months and the second one didn't last a year. I switched to Epson and then found out the printhead is not replaceable. Is there a printer that does good quality work and ink doesn't cost more than the machine?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3818 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 450 GB (344 GB Free);
Motherboard: Acer, HMA51-BZ
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Was the print head more than a new printer ???

I thought the print head in the HPs I've had ... and have (Envy4500) ...
was in the replaceable cartridge ???

I'm now using an Epson XP640 because I print on CD/DVDs and HP quit making CD/DVD printers .. (and the price was right)
Refilled cartridges are somewhat affordable and it seems to be doing a good job so far.

I had to replace my last Epson when the ink Trash Can filled up and the printer firmware would not let me replace it. I've quit cleaning the print head so often.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
We have a HP LJ P1606dn and a Canon IX8000 wide color printer.
They both serve us well.

Kodak started the fight against crazy high cartridge prices almost 10 years ago; but, I haven't seen any new printers now in about 4 years.
Lexmark jumped on the bandwagon, too; though, they sort of cheated in that only their black cartridge was much cheaper to use.
The HP "Pro" series of inkjets use 4 cartridges that are $26.50 each; however, they're good for over 2,000 pages instead of the 500 which is normal. I have a Deskjet 8000 Pro which has held up quite well and recently bought all 4 of the cartridges (Genuine HP XL (double the ink) and in date) from an eBay seller for $57.00.
Watch out for refills. Get the cartridge number and then Google how to refill it. Some are pretty easy; some are a real bear to do properly and the hard ones are most often cheated on which can ruin your printer.
The cheapest printers to use are, by far and away, monochrome laser printers and HP's business class laser printers "take a licking and keep on ticking".

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
HP DeskJet all-in-one's are the only models that I buy and use.
Besides using only 2 ink cartridges and not having a touchscreen to deal with, they're easy to set up.
I currently have a DeskJet 2549 and 2655 and 3632.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online