1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need a price quote on my computer please and suggestion for a new laptop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by izzyrizzy60, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. izzyrizzy60

izzyrizzy60 Thread Starter

Okay well, basically I'm trying to sell my current computer on Ebay. This is because I'm interested in buying a laptop. I've decided I need something more portable.

CPU Specs:

Manufacturer...HP
    Model...SR2150NX
    Processor...Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.3GHz 3.33GHz
    Memory(RAM)...512MB
    System Type...32-bit Operating System

Monitor:

- 18' flat screen monitor
    - good condition (just bought)
    - Bought for $200

I was hoping I could get maybe $180+ on for the monitor and cpu on Ebay. Does this sound reasonable?

Now for my new laptop suggestion, I'm hoping for these requrements:

- 1Gb RAM +
    - 1.6 GHz
    - 160Gb HDD Space
    - Mini laptop
    - No more than $400 please

Also, I found a very nice Hp laptop for $278. It has my 1Gb of RAM, and my 1.6GHz. But one thing, it has 8Gb SSD. So does this mean if I get this one I will have to get a external hardrive?...Also, is the SSD going to affect what I will be able to store on it?

Thanks in advance. :D

2. shmik1

shmik1

I would suggest the MSI Wind

1.60GHz
    10.0" WSVGA
    1GB Memory
    160GB HDD

I've read a consumer reports review on netbooks and the MSI wind is rated very well.

It does cost a bit more, but it meets ALL of your requirements.

On the 8GB SSD, it will affect only size. (It's 8GB) so you would be limited to 8GB of space.

3. izzyrizzy60

Yes, I have looked into the MSI Wind. But also, another question, maybe 8Gb is all I would need? I only need a computer for, a few games, store music, store pictures, browse the web.

So what if I get an external drive? Would that be a ton better?

4. joeten

joeten

hi you will fill 8Gb very quickly it will suprise you how fast

5. izzyrizzy60

Hmm Joeten...I'm still thinking. Maybe I can just store my core programs (firefox, avg, microsoft office, itunes, zone alarm, windows defender, etc) on the hp computer (the 8Gb one) and just buy an external device to store games, music, and movies? And thanks again Shmik1 for suggesting the Msi Wind, I'm very close to clicking checkout and buying it. Especially the one at amazon.com where you can also purchase an extra 1Gb memory card for it (to manually install to make 2Gb of memory total). Hmm...I think the Msi Wind wins on this one ;)

6. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

an external is more money and not very convenient. 80 bucks
    ram upgrade 40 bucks now your 278 machine is 400 bucks..
    get a full fledged notebook with a platter drive and a full version of xp or vista.

I bought a new dell with dual cores 2 gigs rams..dual layer dvd burner
    all the ports and jack i will ever need even an hdmi...price 500 bucks about 9 months ago.

Shop around you can get a full laptop for 400 bucks 500 bucks

7. joeten

joeten

hi remember anything said is either a suggestion or advice and the decision to do anything rests with you so as they say you pays your money and makes your choice whatever you choose have fun with it and enjoy regards joeten

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What kind of games do you plan to play? Netbooks are not very powerful. The architecture's functionality is not simply raw clock speed. Also, the keyboards vary widely with some far less suitable to touch-typing than others.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/810056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice