1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need a program to identify my hardware devices

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tommo020788, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommo020788

tommo020788 Thread Starter

Oct 20, 2008
    Hi, I am unsure as to what model of sound device I have, and need to download the drivers for it.
    I know it is a High def 7.1 realtek sound device, but not sure of the exact model.

I have had simalar experiences in the past with other hardware too, where I had to guess which drivers to download, because I wasn't sure what exact model I had.

It is an on board sound card, but the sound device drivers I downloaded with the motherboard chipset drivers, seems to be incorrect, or corrupt, So I am going to try and find the drivers manually through Realtek.

Is there actually a FREE program out there that can identify the name of the sound device on my computer? :confused:
  2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

Oct 2, 2003
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918919