I need a program to record sound.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timechange01

Hello I was wondering if there is a program to record sound....what I mean is, I want to be able to capture a song that is played on a website without having to put a microphone near my speaker and record it that way. Any suggestions?

-Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-sam

timechange01

Yes. Its from a myspace music page.

I installed the SUPER program but the problem is that the music does not have a URL. In order to hear the music I have to goto http://www.myspace.com/shinytoyguns and then click on the song "Don't Cry Out" to hear it. The link to the song is "asfunction:playTune,2" which is obviously not a valid URL.

What should I do?

-Thanks in advance
-Sam

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The UnPlug plug-in for Firefox will allow you to download from any media link on the page.

PCG342

Banned
OR [only works for one minute] you can go to Volume Controls, click Options->Advanced Controls and choose Recording Controls [or is it Options?] and click the check-box next to "Select" under "Stereo Mix." Then use Sound Recorder [or if you've got something better for recording mic sound, try that] to record it.

PCG342 said:
OR [only works for one minute] you can go to Volume Controls, click Options->Advanced Controls and choose Recording Controls [or is it Options?] and click the check-box next to "Select" under "Stereo Mix." Then use Sound Recorder [or if you've got something better for recording mic sound, try that] to record it.
If you use the Sound recorder that is built into Windows you can bypass the one minute limit by opening an existing file that is longer than 1 minute and simply re-recording it. The one minute limit only applies to a brand new recorded file and NOT existing files that are re-recorded. (y)

Regards,
Rollin

PCG342

Banned
Yeah, or by using "Insert File..." but that requires precision beyond what I could manage with SR alone.

Trying to record something coming out of your speakers is crazy. The quality will be terrible and you may hear other noise.

You would be better off recording "Line-out." I don't think Audacity can. WavePad will record line-out which is your speaker line, it also has some great effects....

ferrija1 said:
Trying to record something coming out of your speakers is crazy.

You would be better off recording "Line-out." I don't think Audacity can.
I would say, "Right out of the Box"--- but, since it is free--- you don't get a box. Works great with system sounds, game sounds, USP Microphones, Line Input/output. AND the price is FREE, all updates are free, and you can load it on as many machines as you have access to, and give it to your friends--- freely.

letchworth

PCG342

Banned
ferrija1 said:
Trying to record something coming out of your speakers is crazy. The quality will be terrible and you may hear other noise.

You would be better off recording "Line-out." I don't think Audacity can. WavePad will record line-out which is your speaker line, it also has some great effects....
Essentially what I suggested, only simplified. I may have to use this someday, myself! Thanks, ferrija. (y) :D

PCG342 said:
Essentially what I suggested, only simplified. I may have to use this someday, myself! Thanks, ferrija. (y) :D
Yeah, I like it because you can preview effects, in Audacity, you have to guess at the settings, though there are more effects.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online