1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need a program to record sound.....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by timechange01, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timechange01

timechange01 Thread Starter

Hello I was wondering if there is a program to record sound....what I mean is, I want to be able to capture a song that is played on a website without having to put a microphone near my speaker and record it that way. Any suggestions?

-Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    -sam

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. timechange01

timechange01 Thread Starter

Yes. Its from a myspace music page.

I installed the SUPER program but the problem is that the music does not have a URL. In order to hear the music I have to goto http://www.myspace.com/shinytoyguns and then click on the song "Don't Cry Out" to hear it. The link to the song is "asfunction:playTune,2" which is obviously not a valid URL.

What should I do?

-Thanks in advance
    -Sam

4. letchworth

letchworth

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The UnPlug plug-in for Firefox will allow you to download from any media link on the page.

6. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

OR [only works for one minute] you can go to Volume Controls, click Options->Advanced Controls and choose Recording Controls [or is it Options?] and click the check-box next to "Select" under "Stereo Mix." Then use Sound Recorder [or if you've got something better for recording mic sound, try that] to record it.

7. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

If you use the Sound recorder that is built into Windows you can bypass the one minute limit by opening an existing file that is longer than 1 minute and simply re-recording it. The one minute limit only applies to a brand new recorded file and NOT existing files that are re-recorded. (y)

Regards,
    Rollin

8. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

Yeah, or by using "Insert File..." but that requires precision beyond what I could manage with SR alone.

9. ferrija1

ferrija1

Trying to record something coming out of your speakers is crazy. The quality will be terrible and you may hear other noise.

You would be better off recording "Line-out." I don't think Audacity can. WavePad will record line-out which is your speaker line, it also has some great effects....

10. letchworth

letchworth

I would say, "Right out of the Box"--- but, since it is free--- you don't get a box. Works great with system sounds, game sounds, USP Microphones, Line Input/output. AND the price is FREE, all updates are free, and you can load it on as many machines as you have access to, and give it to your friends--- freely.

letchworth

11. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

Essentially what I suggested, only simplified. I may have to use this someday, myself! Thanks, ferrija. (y) :D

12. ferrija1

ferrija1

Yeah, I like it because you can preview effects, in Audacity, you have to guess at the settings, though there are more effects.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice