I need a tip on Rams for gamers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kiro

:confused: Hi guys I need a tip on rams for gamers .My motherboard supports dual channel DDR rams PC3200 and I'am new in AMD technology.Here is a list of things that I have:

1. 1)Asus A8N-SLI AMD socket 939 nforce4 motherboard,supports dual PCI-E,advanced overclocking,DDR dual channel memory PC3200.(2)Cpu Amd Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego, 1Ghz Fsb,1 MB L2 cache socket 939. (3)Ati Radeon X800GTO X16,256 MB GDDR3,256-Bit PCI-Express video card.(4)2 hard drives Seagate Sata,80Gbytes,160 Gbytes.(5)Psu Xion 600w with sli cables.(5)OS Xp Pro Sp2.(6)DVD combo 16X Sony.:D

well you shoudl look at your motherboard manul and see wat ram it supports most ddr will work over at newegg they got some good brand ram if your not gonna overclock just look for some low latency ram. at pc3200.

the latest games need more powerful video cards and processor speeds then ram. but if youdid the average amount for rem it would be ok.

kiro

Bal3Wolf said:
well you shoudl look at your motherboard manul and see wat ram it supports most ddr will work over at newegg they got some good brand ram if your not gonna overclock just look for some low latency ram. at pc3200.
Ok my motherboard said about PC3200 and nothing overclocking them.I just found some rams at Newegg.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227056

.The lower the better.:D

crjdriver

If you are not going to overclock anything, just get quality ram from crucial, corsiar, or kingston. You do not need anything with heat spreaders [Of dubious value imo] unless you are going to really up the speed / voltage of the ram.

If you are going to go with 2gig, then I would get 2 one gig chips rather than 4X512 since some boards have issues with all ram slots filled.

kiro

crjdriver said:
If you are not going to overclock anything, just get quality ram from crucial, corsiar, or kingston. You do not need anything with heat spreaders [Of dubious value imo] unless you are going to really up the speed / voltage of the ram.

If you are going to go with 2gig, then I would get 2 one gig chips rather than 4X512 since some boards have issues with all ram slots filled.
(y) Yes I will like to do overclocking on Cpu and rams as well.Ok what tips you have for me to combined it.(y) :D

kiro

Wow guys, my motherboard Asus overclock the Cpu only and I though it can do both.Sorry my bad and just said DDR PC3200 400 only.(y):D

Rukee

Banned
you still should be able to lock the CPU and memory speeds 1:1 and overclock the memory at the same rate(fsb) you overclock the CPU.

SirKenin

Banned
Actually it appears that the newest games are needing more and more RAM. 1GB seems to be the bare minimum for them. BTW, crj, you must not have used very high performance RAM. I have found that the heat spreaders do make a difference on them. Actually they get quite warm on my OCZ RAM. I can't help but wonder what would happen if they didn't have any.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
kiro said:
Hi Triple6 you gave me a link about newegg,and they are too many rams in thier.Ok which ram are you talking about?:confused:
Which ever one of those you want to buy. I gave the list just because there is quite a price difference between the speeds and brands.

Or if you do want a 2GB kit then here is a list: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...867,526:7869&OEMMark=0, 1&bop=and&PageSize=50

All the brands in those lists are considered to be the top. All are rated for PC3200 or higher and with a CL 2.5 or lower for the 1GB kits and 3 or lower for the 2GB kits.

kiro

Triple6 said:
Which ever one of those you want to buy. I gave the list just because there is quite a price difference between the speeds and brands.

Or if you do want a 2GB kit then here is a list: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...867,526:7869&OEMMark=0, 1&bop=and&PageSize=50

All the brands in those lists are considered to be the top. All are rated for PC3200 or higher and with a CL 2.5 or lower for the 1GB kits and 3 or lower for the 2GB kits.
Ok correct me if i'am wrong.Someone told me if I overclock the Cpu Amd Athlon 64 3700+ at 1.1 and automactic sets my rams runs even?:confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online