1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need an Urgent answer now,lol

Discussion in 'Games' started by ladex142, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ladex142

ladex142 Thread Starter

Ok, straight to my problem. I have a Hp Pavilion dv9030us laptop running on a Core 2 Duo processor of 1.6GHz, now i installed Rainbow six Vegas and it shows an error that my processor needs to be at least 1.8GHz. I don't get this, shouldn't the Core 2 Duo processor able to run it, since it has to processor, does it means that each CPU is 1.6GHz or what or shall i ask that what's the equivalent clock speed of a CPU of 1.6GHz to an ordinary single processor, Please i am very very curious about this issue because i did a lot of research before buying the laptop.

2. blaine2521

blaine2521

3. ladex142

ladex142 Thread Starter

Ok, but my question is not yet answered. Let me rephrase, "would a 1.66GHz Core 2 Duo processor be able to run a game that requires a 1.8 or say 2.0GHz, since it has more than one processor" ?.

4. NaMDaR

NaMDaR

It Should too the best of my knowledge
    Then again Rainbox six is a demanding game I can play Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on my pc and I have a AMD Core Due +3600

5. GripS

GripS

I'm betting you can still run the game anyway. Will it not allow you to continue the installation?

I did a little reading on this and it appears there is a 'configuration' utility that checks your hardware. However i didn't see anything that indicated it would actually prevent you from installing the game. I would browse the CD or DVD for the setup.exe and kick it off manually as opposed to the auto-run which probably runs the configuration utility first.

6. ladex142

ladex142 Thread Starter

I actually installed the game with no problem but it wouldn't let me play it, and the main reason i went for a Core 2 Duo is because i play games occasionally and when i do, i don't want any issue of not being able to run it for any reason whatsoever.

7. ladex142

ladex142 Thread Starter

Do you know of any way i can bypass the error message to actually see how well it runs....

8. aihsian

aihsian

a 1.66ghz core 2 duo processor is actually 2 processors working at 1.66ghz EACH. Unfortunately, currently games do not take advantage of 2 cores and only 1 core can be used to process the game while th other one takes care of other stuff.(another example is that with 2 cores u can burn a dvd WHILE doing other stuff with no lag. This is almost impossible with most single cores.)
    As for ur game, i dont see why it should stop u because ur processor doesnt meet the 'minimum' frequency. most games just let u play it whether or not it is smooth.

9. ladex142

ladex142 Thread Starter

OOooh, i get it now (y) ....do you think there's a way to force it to run or a way that i could tweak the processor because am also looking forward to play Supreme Commander also......

10. aihsian

aihsian

11. ladex142

ladex142 Thread Starter

Alright, Thanks everyone (y) :)

12. aihsian

aihsian

U are very welcome :D

13. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

This is good to know for when buying a new Computer. Advertising is very misleading.

14. twizzie

twizzie

Yup, I also had a similar problem with another program. The driver was 32-bit, and I'm running on a 64-bit platform. However, drivers and games are different. Did you build this computer, or was it bought? I ask you this for the overclocking procedures.

Oh, and by the way, two cores and two processers are completly different things, to the best of my knowlege. I'm running on a Pentium 4 Hyper-Threading Technology 3.8 ghz single core (overclock-able easily to 4.4 ghz when running demanding programs). The CPU itself contain 2 processers since it uses HT tecnology. Core 2 Duo has 2 Cores, as mentioned in the name, and not 2 processors. I say this with about 95% confidence because I can run Flight Simulator X, McAfee Enterpise 8.5i, and also a download or one more task, and it can handle it completly smooth.

If you have a different knowledge of this technology, let me know

15. ladex142

ladex142 Thread Starter

Thanks for contacting me, i've been thinking of overclocking myself or upgrading the CPU but i don't know how to overclock a cpu and am wondering if it'll be save, if you know what i mean.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice