Solved I need browser advise, please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

elmoticky

I glanced through the posted threads up to Oct and could not see anyone having the question for which I now ask for advise. So I hope it is alright that I post it here.

Recently I got rid of my Firefox browser. I will not even go into details about that. I chose and downloaded Google Chrome which has been giving me better service than Firefox did. I feel better now...well until I read about the new "super faster Firefox" that has come out.

According to what is being reported, which I`m sure some of you have seen, this new Firefox Browser is supposed to be so fast, its unbelievable to me, since I just ditched it for Google Chrome. Now I admit, that I was tempted to go back to Firefox, with all the hoopla that is being peddled, but I chose instead to come here, where I always consider before I tinker into the unknown about my computer.

So the advise that I come here to request is this: Have you seen on your screens what I`m talking about? Have you seen the advertisments which I`m sure is to lured more customers to Firefox? Whatever, if you know if that is true. Is Firefox faster than Google Chrome, which incidentally is so advertised. I need your advise so that if you think I should go back to Firefox, I will do so....because if it is not true, than I could always dump it again.

Thanks TGuys.

Robert

elmoticky

UPDATE: To my latest thread just posted minutes ago.
I just noticed "BE`s" post on my screen on the right side titled: " firefox Updates Everytime...." That post and comments addresses my question so I will go with that....Please go ahead and give me your opinion on whether I shoud go back to Firefox...Thanks again.

TerryNet

Terry
Why should I or anyone else advise you to go back to Firefox or not to go back????

There's no law that says we cannot have multiple browsers so my advice is to try Firefox 57.0 if you think you may like it. Run comparisons with Chrome or whatever other browser(s) you wish. And make up your own mind which browser you prefer to have as your default and which other one(s) you may want to keep installed.

elmoticky

As always, I want to thank this wonderful group of folks here at Tech Support Guy for their unselfish and gracious help. My issue this time was basically confusion to browsers. I now understand enough to go with the advise TerryNet provided.....Thanks Terry.

I will now close this thread by calling it SOLVED.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online