Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
they just might replace it for free. wow!

tiger direct has many inexpensive cards that are pretty good. other that that... run to best buy and pick up a new card for 30 to 40 range. Youll be good to go. if your mobo has pci express slots get pci express, its provides the fastest bus speeds.

Regualr PCI (non-xpress) graphic cards are ok too. But, it looks like you have an AGP card shown above. (usally a bit more expensive)

i found a

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 / 256MB DDR / AGP 8x / DVI / VGA / TV-Out / Video Card
With the latest NVIDIA Technology, such as the CineFX Engine, and High-Precision Graphics, the e-GeForce FX 5500 offers a lot in a small package

Related Products in Category: 8x
Manufacturer: Diablo Tek

Price 59.99 tigerdirect.com
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1458679&CatId=935

not bad and should get the job done

flyskimma said:
I picked up a Vantec Iceberq4. On the box it says recommended for radeon 9800 pro, yet the connector is 3 prong instead of 2. What do I do about that?
Man.. I stick to the simple stuff... agp, pci or pci express. just check the slots / plug and play... its really supposed to be that simple.

2 or 3 prong. thats actually kinda funny.

whats a prong by the way? never read about that in the a+ manual.

a prong by its definition is : "clawlike wires used to hold a gemstone in place"

put the fan directly above the prongs.... line em up...

and PALM STRIKE IT iron fist style.

lol

honestly, Ive never replaced a fan on a video card yet.. but it would seem that the prongs would line up and the fan would snap into place, assuming it's vendor specific.

flyskimma said:
nooo, the fan fits fine, its the cord that plugs it into the card that isn't right... the old one had 2 holes, to match the card, and this ones cord has 3 holes, haha

This is a specialty adapter that will convert a 3-pin fan to a 2-pin connector that can be found on many motherboards, video cards,...

You can order one for .99 cents HERE:D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.