1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I Need Help/ Call Of Duty

Discussion in 'Games' started by chacha, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chacha

chacha Thread Starter

My pc: 2.8 P4
    2.50GHz
    512 MB RAM

I purchased Call of Duty because my brother talked so highly of it, when he played it at his friend’s house. I told him that I will install the game on my computer when I get back from work, and told him not to install the game by himself. But my dumb little brother could not wait for me to come home. So he installed the game by himself. He told me he didn’t have problems installing the game, but he knew I would be very upset at him for installing the game on my computer. So he decided to delete (uninstall) the game before I came home. But he did not know how to do this properly. This is exactly how he deleted the COD files.

1st he went to -start-programs-COD folder-deleted it.
    2nd he went to -drive c-program folder- COD folder- deleted it.
    3RD he went to -trash bin and empted the trash bin.
    4th he went to -control panel- remove software- and removed the remaining call of duty folder/files.

As you can see he did everything wrong? I cant recover those deleted files. Now my pc is slow, hard drive has decreased from 60% free space to 45%free space, I tried to use disk clean up but it seems to not be working (the calculating bar does not move). I decided to put in the COD cd in, to see if can reinstall and play it, but when I put it in it showed that the game is already installed and I could start playing it. The problem is it won’t let me play the game or multiplayer at all. So I concluded the Call of Duty file is still in my computer, but could not be touched since my brother deleted all the folders to help with uninstalling process.

Please help me with my problem I don’t know what else to do to get rid of those
    Call of Duty files or fix the problem at all.

(IF YOU’RE A PC EXPERT PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN CONACT YOU IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. PLZ)

2. colmaca

colmaca

follow this very carefully
    1)click start run type in regedit hit enter
    2)click file up top,click export and call it something you can remember.this will make a back up off your registery if something goes wrong.
    if it goes wrong just import this file back to fix
    3)now to get rid off call of duty.click edit up top and click on find
    type in Call of Duty
    4)when a entery is found delete it,(it will be highlited in the left or right window)going find next untill it finds all call off duty(deleting all)
    5)once done reboot computer and reinstall call off duty.
    all should be fixed,once its all working good you can delete tha backup file you exported in regedit from the folder its stored in.the default folder is My Documents folder

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice