1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i need help finding a compatible GPU for my Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by e7rose, Aug 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e7rose

e7rose Thread Starter

I am in search of a new graphics card for my gaming pc. This is my first time ever buying a gaming pc and i am not tech savvy at all. I would love to know which GPU would work great or decent for my PC.

I am mainly needing one because i also have a elgato hd60s game capture card and it needs this as requirements:

• CPU: 4th generation quad-core Intel Core i5 CPU (i5-4xxx or comparable)
    • CPU SPEED: Info
    • RAM: 4 GB
    • VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series, or AMD Radeon HD 6000 series graphics (or better)
    • PIXEL SHADER: 4.1
    • VERTEX SHADER: 4.1
    • USB VERSION: 3.0

This is my PC specs and my PC meets everything but the GPU one:
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 7918 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (304 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M5A78L-M/USB3

I recently bought this from a second hand owner and he told me the PC would be decent enough for the elgato hd60s but all it needs is a GPU to be able to game/stream in good display quality. If someone could help me or direct me to what GPU i need or can just give me advice. I would gladly appreciate soooo much!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    cpu.JPG
    gpu.JPG
    ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard
    (Note: it supports up to 8 GB X 4 of DDR3 RAM)
    8 GB DDR3 RAM

Based on what you submitted, these are the current specs for your newly acquired second hand computer.
    I agree with you that it needs a much better performing dedicated graphics card.
    What's the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply unit in it?

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, so be patient until someone here who is replies.
    Good luck. (y)

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice