1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need help getting dual or tripple monitors setup?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cameronrs5, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cameronrs5

cameronrs5 Thread Starter

I have been having one heck of a day. I want to set up 3 monitors on my computer. I would be happy just to get 2 of them setup. The onboard video has a cover over it saying do not remove. So I havent messed with that. I have the video card it came with, which is a nvidia card. I bought a dual output ati card and installed it. Right now only one monitor will work and its the one on the nvidia card. I have 3 screen shots of the errors I get. One of them is in the device manager under display adapters. It shows my NVIDIA GeForce 8500 Gt. Under it shows the one I bought Radeon x1300 Series (microsoft corporation - WDDM), I am a little confused because on the box that the video card came in, it says X1550. Also I have screen shots I can email someone of all these. So on the radeon display adapter there is a yellow triangle with a black ! in it. When I right click it and hit the properties it says under device status.
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43).

Next screen shot is the one on the bottom right of my system tray, another yellow triangle with a black !. It says...
    Incompatible display adapter has been disabled.
    At least one display adapter on the system has been disabled because its driver is not compatible with the driver for the VGA adapter.

Last error message is.

Warner -
    The catalyst control center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the display manager.

So anyways someone please help me.

Thanks!

Cameron

Attached Files:

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!