Solved I need help I am buying a new laptop and am left handed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slumpy

see my main problem is am left handed and so i learned to use the touch pad of lenovo because it is close to my left hand and plus i my first laptop was lenovo and i learned how to use that keyboard to be very fast my fear is that if I change my laptop am not going to enjoy it i tried using a left handed mouse but i was not comfortable because I used a laptop my whole entire life so if u have any other suggestion that could fix this problem pls let me know and pls i need a laptop not a pc. and thank u a lot for helping me

crjdriver

I am left handed. I tried to configure the mouse on my personal systems for left handed use however that caused more problems. At work I use a VERY large number of dell desktops [which are config for normal use] I was always using the wrong mouse buttons at work.
Just use the mouse and you will get used to it. After a while, you will build the "muscle memory" to use it without problems.
Most of the time, left handed people can do anything with either hand as long as they practice using the "Wrong" hand :)

Last edited:

slumpy

so now i should just use it in my right hand to use the mouse?

I am left handed. I tried to configure the mouse on my personal systems for left handed use however that caused more problems. At work I use a VERY large number of dell desktops [which are config for normal use] I was always using the wrong mouse buttons at work.
Just use the mouse and you will get used to it. After a while, you will build the "muscle memory" to use it without problems.
Most of the time, left handed people can do anything with either hand as long as they practice using the "Wrong" hand :)

valis

I am southpaw as well, and I ended up doing so. To be honest, it was easier than fixing the errors I made.

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Which Lenovo laptop's touchpad did you get used to using ? I'm thinking you could get a new laptop with a touchpad of similar size and position. (I'm right handed BTW ;) )

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
It's ok, I'm left handed in a mirror.

crjdriver

A Mr. Yeager would like to discuss this with you....;)
That is true; Yeager is right handed. Neil Armstrong was left handed as is Aldrin. Interestingly about half of the astronauts are left handed while only about 10% of the general population is left handed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.