1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need help in downloading itunes10.6

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by freddiej52, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddiej52

freddiej52 Thread Starter

Jul 20, 2012
    I keep getting the message (insufficient permission) from the itunes download window. Windows error message say's (couldn't access network location %APPDATA)
  2. pip22

Nov 21, 2004
    Just to be perfectly clear - are you getting the error when trying to download it or when trying to install it?
    If it's (as I suspect) the latter, right-click the installer/set up file for iTunes and choose "Run as administrator".

If it's the former (can't download it), make sure you are logged in to Windows as an admin user.
  3. TechieNow

Jun 27, 2012
    If you don't have "Run as administrator" on right-click. I suggest right click the itunes icon and choose Compatibility ->Check the check box to "Run as Administrator". Hope this helps.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061923