I need help is Ps.anonymizer.com and IE6

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sparkles

Somehow this thing has jumped onto my IE6 and won't let go. It has wreaked havoc on my system to the point I can no longer surf the web. I cannot see the webpages and besides being on dial up this thing is causing everything on my pc to run sooooo slow and sluggish. I don't know where this thing came from or how it is installed on my pc but I cannot find anything to remove it. I know it is there because when I load IE6 it says at the top of the window the name of whatever site I'm trying to locate + [Protected by-ps.anonymizer.com]. Can anyone help me with it's removal and restoring the power that I know my computer has? I'm so frustrated :confused: with this! I cannot find any information on it anywhere. Thanks in advance!
Sparkles

Kenny94

Banned
Go to your Add or Remove Programs and remove anonymizer. Then do a start, find, files and look up all files pertaining to anonymizer. When you are done scanning, delete all entries.

Sparkles

Kenny94 said:
Go to your Add or Remove Programs and remove anonymizer. Then do a start, find, files and look up all files pertaining to anonymizer. When you are done scanning, delete all entries.
Sweetie, that was the first thing I did in my feeble attempts to remove this thing. I've all but gone into safe mode to see if I can see it there. I have searched my entire system and I only find cookies that are anonymizer related. I delete them, reboot, and give it a go again and the same thing shows up again and it is still leaching onto my IE! LoL! This is why I am at a loss! I don't want to reformat my hard drive to get rid of it! I have too many files on my system! Thanks anyhow for the advice.....but I've been there and done that! LoL! I've run all forms of anti spyware tools, antivirus tools, etc. and still no luck. ::sighs:: Maybe it is inevitible......reformatting. :mad:

Kenny94

Banned
Well Sparkles, I have use anonymizer before and never had this problem.... :eek:
Run CCleaner at: http://www.ccleaner.com/ and then run RegSeeker 1.45 at:
http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm This registry removal tool will identify the obsolete entries as Green and they will be safe to remove.

Have U try this great cleaning tool from a-squared (a²) is a complementary product to antivirus software and desktop firewalls on MS Windows computers. Antivirus software specializes in detecting classic viruses. Many available products have weaknesses in detecting other malicious software (Malware) like Trojans, Dialers, Worms and Spyware (Adware). a² fills the gap that malware writers exploit.
When on page, scroll down to a² Free at:

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online