1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need help on how to configure a controller in Unreal 2k4 ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bobcoolos, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

I need help on how to configure a controller in Unreal Tournament 2004?

The only game i can get both a plug and play controller and a non plug and play one to work correctly in is on Halo.

My main probblem is i can not get the right thumbstick to have any sensitivity. I would rilly like to use a controller in Unreal 2k4.

"I know that everyone thinks that why would i want to use a controller on the pc and that i will just get owned so for get about the controller."

But please help, i have and Air Flow plug and play controller made by NYKO and i have an Xbox Controler hooked up with a USB adapter. Both have same problem, the right tumbstick barly has any sensitivity to look around the maps with.

Thanks, to anyone that can help.
    ~Da Bob~

2. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

Anyone, Plz? Ideas or suggestions?

*Sorry in advance if im not suppost to bump my thread.*

3. haplo210

haplo210

bumping poasts is fine. i dont know how to help you tho. sorry.

I have the game, but never thought of using a joypad. Ill ask my mate tho, he's just done it i think, at least he was going to on friday. ill post back tmz and tell you if he has.

4. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

Hey, thanks. And im willing to buy the same product he has if needed. Im a big console gammer and i play the the Unreal Championship version on the Xbox. I just cant seem to play Unreal 2k4 and be as quick with out a controlller.

5. tuffguy

tuffguy

The only solution I can suggest is to buy a programmable controller such as those offered by Saitek. There's a profile available for download which you can edit to your liking.
    http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/profiles.htm

6. haplo210

haplo210

Thats the best idea, my mate doesnt know how to do it either sorry.

7. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

Is there any way i can get a site that sells it from the United states. Im willing to buy one but it would be nice if I could get one from the US.

8. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

Sorry, never mind. I found it on Amazon.com and ordered a book with it to get the price upto $30 to get Free Shipping. I will be reciving the controller prolly by the end of the week. So i hope it works. I will reply back and let everyone know how it worked out.

9. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

Well, I got the Saitek P2500 Controller today insatlled all the drivers and software.

And like the others, just a piece of junk.

Im still open for Suggestions. I dont care about the money lost. Im just exstreamally un-happy that there are "NO" Controllers that will work properly.

~Da Bob~

10. McTimson

McTimson

Is it possible to change the right-controller sensitivity via the gamepad control panel in Windows? Or did any of the controllers come with software than lets you change sensitivity settings?

11. tuffguy

tuffguy

I have the P2500 and play UT2004 and it works very well. I use the Nostromo N52 keypad myself and my son uses the P2500 when we play on lan. From the main menu select settings, then the input tab. Click on enable joystick and that is all. You configure the controller outside of UT2004 by using the Profile editor. If you download the profile for UT 2003/04 from the saitek site and follow the directions for adding to your profile list that will get you going. You can then make changes to that profile if you so desire. If you find the controller isn't working once you start the game try pressing the digital button to switch it back to analog.

12. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

I had all the the downloads, the drivers/programing software and most importantly the UT2003/2004 profile. From day one i had the downloads so i was ready as soon as i got it.

The the problem is that when i look around with the right joystick, the game is all jagged and distorted. It looks like lag or a poor frame rate. Also has a slight problem where it will slowly point the crosshiar twords the ground trowing off the aim.

13. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

The only other thing i can think of is the "user ini" in the system folder of UT2004. I have played around with it before but only got bad results.

Here is the controller area of the "user ini" if anyone knows how to configure it?

Joy1=Fire
    Joy2=Jump
    Joy3=AltFire
    Joy4=Duck
    Joy5=NextWeapon
    Joy6=SwitchWeapon 2
    Joy7=SwitchWeapon 3
    Joy8=SwitchWeapon 4
    Joy9=SwitchWeapon 9
    Joy10=SwitchWeapon 0
    Joy11=InventoryPrevious
    Joy12=InventoryActivate
    Joy13=MoveForward
    Joy14=StrafeRight
    Joy15=MoveBackward
    Joy16=StrafeLeft
    JoyX=Axis aStrafe SpeedBase=300.0 DeadZone=0.1
    JoyY=Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=300.0 DeadZone=0.1 Invert=-1
    JoyZ=
    JoyR=
    JoyU=
    JoyV=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4
    JoySlider1=Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4
    JoySlider2=

14. tuffguy

tuffguy

The problem you describe is the result of not enabling the profile before starting UT2004. If this is not the case the only other suggestion would be to make sure there are no other controllers or usb devices pluggged in at the same time just for troubleshooting purposes. You should see a controller icon in the system tray whenever your p2500 is plugged in. Right click on the icon and select the Ut2003/04 profile from the list by left clicking on it. The controller icon should now be surrounded by a green box indicating a profile is now active. Then start UT2004 and try it out.

Attached Files:

15. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

Ok, that fix the Aiming problem. I had it activated before only differnce this time was i draged the extracted DAT file into the Saitek software folder.

But problem still is that i am still getting a jagged look to the game. Like im getting a poor frame rate or lag.

I see in your picture above that you have the UT2004 profile. How did you get that profle out of the zip-file download that says, Unreal Tournament 2003/2004?

Thanks,
    ~Da Bob~

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice