i need help please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kosita

Hello i have a problem with my computer and i don't know what to do.
to start i had windows 7 on my computer but because was crashing so much i decided to reset the computer as factory settings.
when i reinstal the disk for windows the instalation didn't complete sucessfully because i guess the disk was damaged.
ok i got A booteable flash drive with windows 8.1
I installed it but when the computer needs to restar to complete the installation she starts having a anoying beep beep beep that drives crazy.
What do i do????

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
As well as what dusty says --
Beeps, from the motherboard, are coded and have an interpretation.
Could you give an exact description?
For example, are they long, some long how many..etc.

kosita

The beeps are long and stops and then have another is about 3 minutes beeping and then the windows 8 starts and then nothing happens

dustyjay

Jay
Is this made from a Retail Copy of Windows that YOU Own and Have the Keycode for?

My product key is original
You need to answer the questions that my colleague Jay is asking. Perhaps English is not your first language, and that is OK, but you need to let us know that so that we can explain things more clearly.

Before we can help you we need to make absolutely certain that you have a genuine, legal version of Windows. That is what my colleague Jay is trying to determine.

We understand that your version of W7 was probably an OEM version pre-installed on your computer. So now you need to explain how you obtained W8.1 and what media you have. Did you download it from Microsoft..? Did you go to the computer shop and buy a set of CD's..?

Saying that you have an original product key means nothing.

T.

kosita

I purchased it online but when i download the software and entered the product key, everything was fine.
after the computer restarted and started on then i have the beeps before the windows logo comes on the screen

kosita

I think this is something that has to be with the hardware's computer and i am gonna get a local tech.
thanks

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
Might as well, now, go off thread here.

"The only thing wrong with Retirement is you don’t get any darned days off!"

I have to add. I am in retirement, for many years now. One thing I teach younger folk is always, through life.make sure you have a surplus of friends who are considerably younger than yourself. I did'nt. My friends have mostly all died! LOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online